November 17, 2023 Blog
Unwrap the Charm: Your Ultimate 2023 Cherry Street Pier Gift Guide for Unique Philly Treasures
Once again, holiday shopping just became super easy thanks to our annual gift guide. Cherry Street Pier is the best place to find presents for everyone on your list. Discover unique treasures with a local flair, in this list of curated gifts featuring the best Philly has to offer created by the talented studio artists at Cherry Street Pier.
Items can be purchased online, in studio, or via email inquiry on the artist’s website.
Cherry Street Pier Stocking Stuffers: Amazing Gifts Can Come In Small Packages
Seasonal shopping at the Pier is the perfect way to find pocket-sized items to add pizzazz to a holiday card or place in a stocking in need of stuffing. Here are our picks for the perfect pint-sized gifts that pack a punch:
- Yellow and Black Map Philly 18X18 Pillow Case ($38) by Ana Thorne. Handmade with cotton canvas on the front and super soft fleece on the back. Wash on a delicate setting. Easy to fold.
- Aloe Vera Body Butter ($27) by Nyambi Naturals. Made with a touch of coconut oil, aloe, and a drop of shea butter infused with a nourishing blend of homegrown herbs to relieve dry skin.
- The Key Lime Cactus Patch ($30) by Cassie Jones. Each patch is drawn on a tablet, printed onto fabric, and stitched onto a backing that is one layer fluff, and one layer felt. The excess fabric is cut away, and a backing is added (backing color may vary). Then it’s cut down to a cute little shape. Perfect for sewing on your favorite items.
Cherry Street Pier Paintings and Prints: Gifts for Your Favorite Walls
It can be a gift for your home (‘tis the season to treat yo’ self) or someone else’s (as the saying goes, it’s better to give than to receive), Cherry Street Pier has the perfect gifts to help adorn the walls in your life, along with a few accent pieces that will help elevate any space.
- Duck Wave Clock ($32) by Thomcat23. Rethink the traditional timepiece as functional wall decor with this custom clock featuring Thomcat’s vibrant designs.
- Side Eye Art Print ($16) by Athena Scott. Set the tone for your room from the walls out with an Athena Scott original. Perfect for mixing and matching. Our favorite is Side Eye. Pair it with this Prescient Art Print ($17.50).
- Photography of Italy (Prices Vary) by James B. Abbott. Black and white photography of Florence, Venice, and the Delaware River Waterfront is what any wall craves.
- Custom Dolls (Prices Vary) by Acori Honzo. Commission a miniature version of your favorite music icon, comedian, actor, and more. Sculpted by hand, it will be the perfect centerpiece in any room. Email Acori at email@example.com for inquiries.
Cherry Street Pier Apparel and Jewelry: Gifts to Wear that Show You Care
Give the gift of the best wearable art from the Cherry Street Pier marketplace. From handcrafted jewelry to crocheted scarves for those chilly days along the Philadelphia Waterfront, these are the presents that we’re sure will set new trends:
- Handmade beaded jewelry ($12-$20) by SpArc Services. The pieces are specially crafted by the talented artists in SpArc’s Cultural Arts Program.
- Crocheted Infinity Scarf ($25) by Amy Kelly. Layer this handmade scarf around your neck to keep warm or to accentuate your outfit.
Cherry Street Pier Experiences: Gifts For Those Who Crave the Arts
Give the gift of an immersive experience. From a workshop to music to readable works, inspire creativity in others this holiday season. Here are a few gift ideas that will do just that:
- Botanical Bundle Dye Workshop ($25) by Bonnie MacAllister. Learn to botanical bundle dye a cotton scarf using wildflowers including mallow, rose, cosmos, dahlia, coreopsis, and a colorful selection of others. All materials included.
- George Crumb – American Songbook VII & Spanglish Songbook II ($10) by Orchestra 2001. Includes songs both humorous and tragic, and concludes with the largest song setting of the seven-part cycle, the native American “Song of the Earth.” The featured artists, Ann Crumb, Patrick Mason, and Orchestra 2001, are the dedicatees of these compositions, with both recordings made under the composer’s supervision.
- Collide Magazine Issue 5 ($12) by Walls for Justice. Enjoy the captivating world of more than 30 talented local artists as they work together to bring you this new issue. Get ready for a thought-provoking and visually stunning journey through their unique perspectives.
The holidays are here and it’s time to shop. Share these creative Cherry Street Pier gift recommendations with your friends, so they don’t miss out on the best artisanal finds in Philadelphia. For these ideas and more visit, The Artists Shop.