Festival for the People: The People’s Analog Culture Weekend
Featuring workshops by Sedakial Gebremedhin and Second State Press, artist books from Ulises, records and DJ sets by Milkcrate Cafe and Brewerytown Beats, and more vendors like El Sol Latino Newspaper, ImmorTality (Tajmah Linder) and People’s Paper Co-op.
- Poetry Typewriter Activation (Frank Sherlock): 1-3 PM
- DJ Samples by Vinyl Vendors: 5-7 PM
- Poetry Typewriter Activation (Marissa Johnson-Valenzuela): 1-3 PM
- In Conversation: Emory Douglas & Colette Gaiter: 5 PM
A dialogue between Colette Gaiter, Associate Professor at the University of Delaware’s Department of Art and Design, and Emory Douglas, Minister of Culture for the Black Panther Party, and the art director and designer of the movement’s newspaper, The Black Panther.
In addition to exciting programming on the weekends, Cherry Street Pier and Race Street Pier will be filled with installations including:
- Two interactive sculpture installations in collaboration with the Montreal-based group Creos: Impulse, an installation of seesaws designed by CS Design and Lateral Office, and Prismatica, a group of colorful spinning prisms by Raw Design.
- Typewriter Poetry: Interactive poetry installation inside Cherry Street Pier with Philly Typewriter featuring live activations by Marissa Johnson-Valenzuela, Autumn Konopka, Warren Longmire, Trapeta B. Mayson, Frank Sherlock, and Jacob Winterstein.
- Erlin Geffrard: ‘Banners for the People’
- Video Installations by Michel Auder, Andrea Bowers, Hiwa K., Yoshua Okón, Jennifer Levonian, Maider Lopez, and Tintin Wulia.
- Selections from Creative Time’s ‘Pledges of Allegiance’ (Tania Bruguera, Alex Da Corte, Jeremy Deller, LaToya Ruby Frazier, Marilyn Minter, Jayson Musson, Yoko Ono, Trevor Paglen, and Rirkrit Tiravanija).