November: First Friday
Hello, November! We have so many things to be thankful for, including a fresh First Friday at Cherry Street Pier featuring the premiere of our newest exhibition, After the Fall by noted multimedia artist John Schlesinger as well as artist studio tours, and the Artist and Artisans Markets.
Mask up, Philly, and head down to the Philly Waterfront for a Friday full of fascinating art, unforgettable vistas, and your favorite refreshing treat – Rita’s Italian Ice. #MyPhillyWaterfront
After the Fall
Join us for the grand opening of John Schlesinger’s After the Fall. This exhibition explores the narratives of trauma, loss, memories, and renewal through recycled materials. See the exhibition November 6 through March 21, 2021, at Cherry Street Pier.
Happen upon creative experiences designed with physical distancing in mind at the Testing Grounds exhibition running now through November 6 at Cherry Street Pier and Race Street Pier.
Artist and Artisans Market
We’re bringing back your favorite maker market just in time for the holidays. Every First Friday and Sunday through December, pick up spectacular, one-of-a-kind finds at Cherry Street Pier. Apply to be a vendor today!
From the Blog: Get to Know
Take a deep-dive into the talented creators that comprise the newest cohort of Cherry Street Pier resident artists. In our brand new Q&A series, you’ll be thoroughly entertained (dare we say, enlightened?) as you breeze through these quick-witted interviews as our artists divulge answers to our most pressing questions: Is cereal soup? What’s your ideal superpower? What’s your go-to pandemic snack? and a whole lot more. Read now!
Artist Studio Visits
See the Pier’s resident artists at work in their studios and purchase an original piece of artwork, too.
Rita’s Italian Ice
Savor a variety of Rita’s famous Italian ices, creamy custards, seasonal treats, and more.
- The Pier’s capacity is capped at 250 individuals.
- At the discretion of the artists, visitors will be allowed into the studios. Studio capacity is 2 visitors.
- Visitors are required to wear masks unless they are eating or drinking.
- Food and beverage may only be consumed in the Garden and in the front of the Pier.
- All forms of payment are accepted at on-site vendors.
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the Pier.
- Special signage is posted to help visitors practice physical distancing.
- Bathrooms are open to the public and sanitized hourly.